Welcome to Maritime Security 2016 East Conference and Workshops
Maritime Security 2016 East is the fourth installment of the Maritime Security East program series, building upon the successes of last year’s conference in Jacksonville, FL. As the fourteenth maritime security conference hosted by Homeland Security Outlook since 2011, Maritime Security 2016 East furthers a commitment to address the needs of governments, law enforcement, and critical infrastructure to counter the challenges of securing coastlines, inland waterways, and their critical infrastructure.
WHY HAMPTON ROADS?
Hampton Roads is one of the most robust maritime communities in the U.S. with critical importance to commerce, energy and defense.
Here are just a few reasons why we chose Hampton Roads to host Maritime Security 2016 East:
- When import and export tonnage are combined, the Port of Hampton Roads ranks as the third largest port in the United States
- The Hampton Roads area has the largest concentration of military bases and facilities of any metropolitan area in the world with the largest Naval station in the world
- It is home to the U.S. Coast Guard Atlantic Area Command, 5th District, Command, Control, and Communications Engineering Center (C3CEN), Sector Hampton Roads, and Training School in Yorktown.
- Hampton Roads is the only access point by water to important cities and ports such as Washington, DC, Baltimore and Richmond.
- Headed by the Port of Virginia, the Hampton Roads MIRT (Maritime Incident Response Team) is one of the largest and most successful multi-agency response teams in the U.S.
- Being less than 200 miles from D.C. Metro makes Hampton Road an easy, cost effective and attractive location for our participants from the D.C Metro Area representing governmment, contractors and private organizations.
NEW FOR 2016
Accredited Maritime Professional Responders and Officers Workshops
In addition to the conference sessions and exhibition, Maritime Security 2016 East will also be hosting a series of workshops throughout the program provided highly beneficial education on topics critical to maritime professional responders and officers. Participants participating in workshop series will receive certificate of attendence from an accredited organization to be named shortly.
Here are some of the training topics:
- How to best use training and resources to meet your tactical requirements
- How to utilize ERDI training to enhance and make your dive operations safer
- The ABCs of implementing a regional Preventative Radiological and Nuclear Detection Program
- Building a social media presence and monitoring plan for maritime law enforcement and emergency management
- How to effectively combine capabilities and assets between police and fire departments
- How to effectively secure grants to enhance maritime security
On-water Port Security Tour
For 2016, the port security tour will be conducted onboard the 95-foot Victory Rover. With so many restricted areas on land, the best way to experience and learn about the port environment will be by water. The tour is restricted to the first 150 registrants and lunch will be provided on board the vessel. Sign up will be early and all registrants and exhibitors will be notified as soon as it is open.
Back by Popular Demand
On March 21st, Maritime Security 2016 East will be hosting a full scale marine interdiction and dive operation exercise to showcase the regional capabilities. After the exercise, the participants will be treated to demonstrations and showcase of the latest maritime security technology and vessels. This demonstration and showcase will allow all participants to have hands on experience with the tools available for their day to day operations.
Keeping It All Together
In our relentless pursuit of building relationships between all of our participants, we are keeping the format of having the exhibit hall and general session hall joint. In addition, all special events including the tour vessel, technology/vessel showcase and interdiction exercise will all be located within 2 blocks of the conference venue making more convenient and accessible to all participants.
2015 PAST PARTICIPANTS